Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Brownie's First Kiss

"So soon as a fashion is universal, it is out of date." -Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

There comes a time in every girl's life when she has to let go of all the extra things in her life and focus on the one thing of any importance(WELL, ONE OF THEM): Fashion

The case is no different for this Drama Queen Beauty.

My journey through the various phases of fashion has been quite... interesting.

2003: The fashion flower started budding. At this time, I was very aware of what was going on in the fashion world. Read my my daily dose of Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Teen Vogue, and CosmoGirl. I was the girl who had a stylish way of dressing; Whom people asked for fashion advice.

2006: As the flower buds, so must it wither. I went off to college. And yes, one would think this would be a great opportunity for me to expand my horizons in the fashion world, but it was quite the opposite. The opportunity of dressing up in a school where the idea of "dress up" is a pair of jeans, uggs, a polo shirt, and sunglasses became very slim. The only times when people actually dress up are on Friday, Saturday, and Wednesday nights, labeled as "Frat Nights."

Therefore, my enthusiasm for fashion decreased dramatically. Of course my school situation is not the only cause of my lost of interest in fashion. Perhaps I was going through some tough times....a time when I hardly knew who I was anymore. And the longer I stayed away from fashion, the less I seemed to care. Until now!

2008: Even the dead flower can still rise again. This summer, I have been thinking a lot about who I am and how that relates to the way I dress. So I decided that I have let go of myself for far too long and now I must find my way back to MYSELF. I need to get reconnected with my love and passion for FASHION.

Thus, this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment